What are Waterproof Flooring Systems?
Waterproof flooring systems are used in specific areas to protect equipment or the concrete beneath the waterproof membrane. The membrane can be epoxy or urethane-based.
Benefits of Waterproof Flooring Systems
Certain areas need extra protection against water and moisture. Without this protection, repairs and replacement would be costly and unmanageable.
Benefit highlights include:
- Protecting critical areas below water sources (e.g. computer server room below a mechanical room).
- Protecting the surface against corrosive fluids as well as other harsh elements like sun and salts
- Reducing the absorption of water into concrete and thereby reducing cracking and breakdown
- Increasing the longevity of a structure
- Saving money on costly repairs, replacement, damaged equipment and lost time
For certain industries it is vital to have waterproof flooring in order to protect equipment and people.
Recommended industries include:
In addition to the flooring system listed below, any Stonhard flooring system can be made waterproof by utilizing a membrane such as Stonproof ME7 or Stonchem 441. Our team of Territory Managers, Architects and Engineers will assist you in finding the best waterproof flooring system for your environment.
Recommended products include:
- Stongard - This elastomer-based flooring system is recommended for waterproofing parking structures, concourses, helipads, areas below mechanical rooms and pump and mezzanine floors.