What is Resilient Flooring?
Resilient floors are polymer floors engineered for comfort, flexibility and design. You often hear resilient associated with vinyl tile, cork and rubber flooring and you will often find these types of surfaces in healthcare and educational environments. You can also find resiliency in seamless floors.
Benefits of Resilient Flooring
Resilient floors are firm, but give or “bounce back” which make them the preferred choice of healthcare and education designers, planners and managers. Poured-in-place urethane floors possess less elasticity than other materials, but offer degrees of flexibility under foot, providing more comfort than many other hard surfaces.
Benefit highlights include:
- Preventing slip-and-fall accidents which cause employees or visitors physical and/or emotional trauma
- Saving money on replacing easily-worn floors. Resilient floors are durable and long-lasting.
- Providing an ergonomic standard of comfort under foot to keep employees healthier and happier.
- Achieving noise-reduction in places like schools and public places.
- Choosing a custom apearance -- your choice of design, patterns, finishes, and colours.
Resilient floors can be used in many industries and areas and are especially recommended for places where there is a considerable amount of standing on the job or foot traffic through a public facility.
Recommended industries include:
- Retail Environments - stores, mall concourses, cosmetic counter areas
- Healthcare - operating rooms, corridors, hospital rooms
- Education - K-12 school and college hallways, cafeterias, locker rooms, libraries
- General Commercial - public spaces, museums, lobbies, arenas
- Hospitality - pool decks, rooftop bars, pool bars, outdoor restaurants
Our team of Territory Managers, Architects and Engineers will assist you in finding the right resilient floor to meet your specific needs. Stonhard has a bountiful colour palette that can be incorporated into traditional patterns or customized, free-form designs. We’ll help you get the look you want with the performance and function you need.
Recommended products include:
- Stonres - public spaces, healthcare, education, retail, hospitality and more